Coralife fixtures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newbneedshelp

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought a new coralight fixture for my 10 gal which i will be heavy planting soon. I was wondering where i could get mounting clips and if they would work on a ten gallon because the fixture is alittle to big, i bought the 20 inch fixture.

Newbneedshelp said:
I just bought a new coralight fixture for my 10 gal which i will be heavy planting soon. I was wondering where i could get mounting clips and if they would work on a ten gallon because the fixture is alittle to big, i bought the 20 inch fixture.

Those lights are garbage, take it from me return it and get some jbj lights for the same or even possibly lower price. They're 10x better and have an awesome reflector. Which fixture did you buy? The stupid 9w one that doesn't even cover the entire tank? or the newer one?

the 24" (sorry not 20") 65 watt fixture, im returning hte one i have anyways becuase im getting it online cheaper.

Newbneedshelp said:
the 24" (sorry not 20") 65 watt fixture, im returning hte one i have anyways becuase im getting it online cheaper.

if you're going online then don't buy corallife, they're the worst brand out there. There are cheaper and better kinds of lights.

http://www.jbjlighting.com/

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_lighting__index.asp?CartId=

http://www.aquacon.com/smallaquariumlighting.html

bottom line what you want for a compact flourscent strip, or any light for growing plants/corals is a really good relfector and coral life is absolute garbage. I swear they just take some old sheet metal and buffer it up to make it look like a reflector.

I have a Coralife and Current USA fixutre (formerly Custom Sea Life). The Current USA fixture is a higher quality IMO. My Coralife ballast died once, and it was replaced in three days from Coralife without any hassle.

I looked at the current USA satalite fixture, are these good beucase im on a low budget , i have about 70$ to spend. TO cdawson, i ahve no idea what fixtures to look at at the site you showed me lol. If you could point out a certain fixture i would like to see it. Thanks to you both!

I have a coralife PC fixture for my 29 gal. I have no complaints with it yet. And I got the legs when I placed the order (www.captivereefs.com). The legs slide anywhere on the fixture that you need them too, so it should work fine.

No complaints from me. 8)

Newbneedshelp said:
I looked at the current USA satalite fixture, are these good beucase im on a low budget , i have about 70$ to spend. TO cdawson, i ahve no idea what fixtures to look at at the site you showed me lol. If you could point out a certain fixture i would like to see it. Thanks to you both!

You want something that's between 1-2 watts per gallon, otherwise for a smaller tank it's just too much. A 10 gallon isn't very deep or wide so have more than 2 watts per gallon is a waste and will only result in more algae.

Back
Top Bottom