Coralife lunar lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just ordered 2 for my 55 gallon discus tank. I keep a tiger pleco in there that I would love to watch! :)

I was just wondering if anyone else uses these moonlights, and what you think of them. I got the 3/4 watt, not the 1 watt (they look a lot different in the pictures). As I understand it they come with both a universal mount and an Aqualight mount. I have the 2x65W Aqualight on this tank and I wanted to know how the lunar lights mount to it. I didn't really get much explanation on Coralife's website, so if anyone has these lunar lights mounted to an Aqualight and will share a pic of the setup, I would really appreciate it! 8)

LOL, I take it no one has these lunar lights! That's cool, I guess I will post my own pics and show you guys when I get them mounted, in case anyone is considering them.

I have the 1w LED and it works well, but unfortunately for sw enthusiasts it tends to stick quite often. Positioning can be a pain because a single lamp is just enough to illuminate a 20g IMO. The 1w attaches by either suction cups or slide within the tracks of the aqualight (same as you would attach the legs). The 3/4w attaches by a spring clip, but I have no idea how well it positions. My next purchase, maybe, in the coming weeks will be the aqualight lunar series, which has two 3/4w LED's. I just hope they are satisfactory in brightness compared to the 1w. Their possible downfall might be the placement of their LED's, which isn't my preference.

The lunar Aqualights look pretty cool, I agree. I scored the 2x65W regular Aqualight for free though! I just wanted to make it even cooler with the moonlights. I hope they are strong enough for my tank, but the 1W just looked too bulky in the pictures for my tank.

Back
Top Bottom