Cords

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid-dude

Aquarium Advice Addict
They really need to make the power cords on aquarium equipment a lot longer. I have a 6 foot tank and have to put all my equipment on one side of it because the cords wont reach!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Could you not use an extension lead ? Mines the same on my 4 foot , but got a 5 meter extension and i can put my equipment wherever i want it now

Indeed, how are they going to suggest a drip loop on a 5' heater cord?? I havnt personally tried this but I would if I needed to. Plastidip the connection to an med. Duty extension cord.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have mine in my cabinet , if you imagine the part where you plug your plugs into , i have it mounted high up so when you plug your cables in the cable makes a U shape , so if you do have water come down the cable , it will travel down , but cant travel up to the plug , iv never had a problem , iv done it with 2 of my tanks and its worked a treat, hard to explain but hopefully you got tue idea? Id show you a pic but at work so cant take one

Back
Top Bottom