CPR BackPak Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a CPR BaKPak skimmer and I just moved my 50 gallon reef over to a 72 gallon tank. The skimmer was working fine then tonight I realised it wasnt producing any microbubbles and barely had any flow. I cleaned the Maxi Jet 1200 that powers it, and the intake and output tubes on the skimmer. After replacing the tubes and the power head the same thing happened. If I turned the air valve totally shut there is lots of flow but if I add just a little air I get no micro bubbles and not enough flow to power the skimmer.

I even swapped out the current maxi jet with another one in my reef and the same results. Any ideas what may cause this and how to fix it?

Check the small tubes that go from the pump to the CPR unit. Sometimes crud gets built up in them. I replace mine with regular airline tubing periodically with great results.

HTH,

For a couple months, I got huge salt creep INSIDE the tubing, right before it went into the MJ's 'venturi' connector. a couple squeezes would break it apart and then everything was cool.

I would try replacing them. Also check the intakes on the pump and the CPR to ensure they are not blocked. Again I just use regular airline tubing and replace about every 6 months or so as needed.

It was salt creep in the air line tubing. I replaced it and now it is working fine, Thanks a lot Guys!!!!

Back
Top Bottom