Crack in tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsey577

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just noticed a small crack in my 10 gallon tank. Will it be ok? My tank currently has water and a fish in it. Should I move the fish to a different tank?

Attachments

• image-818552162.jpg
    image-818552162.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 104
That is a bad spot for a crack, since it runs outside of the silicone. It could be patched with a piece of glass siliconed to the outside. They seem to be pushing the limits as far as glass thickness in 10 gal tanks. I have one, that is so thin I'm almost afraid to fill it. the glass is much thinner than others i have.

Alright thanks for the info. And your right, they do seem to be getting thinner! Lower quality as well. =\

I would get another tank if I were you. Your taking a big chance with that crack. if it lets go your going to have ten gallons of water to clean up and the fish could die if it were to happen overnight or while your out. There certainly cheap enough.

Patching makes really no sense on a 10 gallon tank. I like to save money where I can but there are times when the effort, cost, etc..... trump trying to save money. It is very possible getting a small piece of glass, silicon, etc.. can equal the cost of a new 10 gallon. Finding a 10 gallon for free is a rather easy also.

I have another 10 gallon tank that I moved it to. So I'll probably pick up another tank at Walmart for $13. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom