Creaking aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dashydawg20

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi

Just set up new fluval roma 125 and it's cabinet about 2 weeks ago and noticed a creaking sound every now and then last night.

I've been really paranoid and checked out the cabinet this morning as I am 100% sure it is that and noticed this cam lock has shifted from its place. This is at the top of the right "leg" board of the cabinet.

I called fluval and they guy on the phone said its just the tank settling and due to the weight of the water being distubuted over such a large amount of space it would be nothing to worry about... But I'm still pretty scared of an explosion as I live in a flat ?

Has anyone else's moved like this as the tank "settled in"?

Really worried!! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20210804_101206.jpg
    IMG_20210804_101206.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 23
Hi

Just set up new fluval roma 125 and it's cabinet about 2 weeks ago and noticed a creaking sound every now and then last night.

I've been really paranoid and checked out the cabinet this morning as I am 100% sure it is that and noticed this cam lock has shifted from its place. This is at the top of the right "leg" board of the cabinet.

I called fluval and they guy on the phone said its just the tank settling and due to the weight of the water being distubuted over such a large amount of space it would be nothing to worry about... But I'm still pretty scared of an explosion as I live in a flat ?

Has anyone else's moved like this as the tank "settled in"?

Really worried!! Thanks!
The way I see it, if it wasn't important, then why did the manufacturer put it there?

Back
Top Bottom