Current Satellite FW LED +

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
I will be picking up one of these lights from a cash strapped local friend/hobbyist.

36"-48" Satellite Freshwater LED +
freshwater-optimized, RGB+White, wireless remote controlled LED fixture. Super bright 6500K White LEDs are paired with full-spectrum RGB LEDs to offer every color under the sun (and a few that aren’t) all controlled from a single 32-key customizable remote.

1 Satellite LED fixture
2 Adjustable docking mounts
1 12V DC UL transformer
1 Wireless LED remote control - new was replaced 2 weeks ago

unit will give me "28 PAR" for my 72G tank

I don't plan on using CO2.

Can I add this to my fluorescent 36W Zoo Med Sun bulb (no clue the par, not much though :rolleyes:)

A couple of questions:

I will be using it on a 48" long tank low light plants now, if it turns out it won't be as useful at the above lowly little single bulb I am presently using, I will give it to my daughter for her 36" tank.

Any thoughts about that? If anyone has used it on a 48" tank?

If it isn't enough, I will just get the bigger one I have been eyeing for a long time! This will just help me get a feel for how much I will love it. :brows:

Can this be coupled with the addition of a Current USA Satellite Freshwater Aquarium Flexible LED Plus Light, 44" Length, if so can anyone explain how or link me to a combo set up?

It's a great light, i run 2 36" on my 30l, very bright, plants grow pretty well. On a taller/longer tank it may leave a bit to be desired. I use the 44" strip on my 20t. It's doubled back on a diy housing. It's not incredibly bright but it does add something. My thoughts would be to give the light to your daughter, skip the strip and try to score a 48" model on cyber monday;) remember... finnex is releasing a new line soon so they may have deals going..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah true about waiting for the new line. When I was at the MACNA/SW convention they said it was coming around late November, (if I didn't mix up which one said what)

Finnex and Current one late November and one not positive but early in the new year.

It looks too fun. I mostly want to play with it. Any upgrade from the single stock bulb will probably be a vast difference. What plants haven't been eaten by the Angelfish, in my 72G, plants are still recovering from the April pH crash. There isn't much left...

DD was pretty happy that she would likely be getting a new light for her planted tank. :popcorn:

I have been threatening to pick up the strip for 6 months but also waiting for to try and decide on a light. The situation in the tank in regards to light is to buy a new bulb or a new(er) better light fixture. I have been woefully underlighted for the past 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom