Current USA Satellite 36inch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poolrad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is the fan supposed to be so loud? I bought the double satellite 36inch and the fan is very loud in my opinion. Paid $260 for it locally and am not sure it was the best choice for my 46g Bow Front.

I have buyers remorse for some reason...

I just got mine this week and the fan seems loud as well. I have three kids so the background noise drowns a lot of it out. My moon lights weren't working when I got the light either and I am waiting to hear back from the manufacturer. Nice powerful light though.

All of the equipment in mine seems to work well. I just don't like the sound of the fan. I ordered another moon light to supplement the one that came with it. 1 is just too small for my tank.

I just paid $150 dollars for my 30" Lunar aqualight. I cant believe the Satellite only gives one moon light on a 36" fixture. Mine come with two of them. I would have gotten the Aqualight or the Orbit fixtures if i were you.

I have the older fixture that came with three moonlights. I forget the name of the company, but they sold the business to whoever makes them now. I've had it for like a year. I already replaced the fan once and just recently the replacement fan started making godawful noise too. :evil:

Now it's in the basement and I'm using the original NO lights I got with the tank.

Really? Maybe I have a defective one, it is very loud. It is as loud as my dishwasher/vaccuum machine...

I complained to my LFS where I bought it and he exchanged it for a 36" inch Coralife Lunar Aqualife with legs. It comes in Thursday, so hopefully I have better luck with that one instead of the crappy satellite I orginally got...

Now that it has been exchanged for a Coralife Luna Aqualight it is all better. The Coralife is so much better, the quality the sound the light. Don't buy a Satellite...

Back
Top Bottom