dead quiet filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would the sunsun HW-603 work just as well? Maybe better?
Or would the fluval U2 be just as good?

Yeah the 603 is the same filter with same flow rate, but slightly larger so will hold more media. I like to go larger whenever possible.
I don't like internal filters in a small display tank- the real estate is too precious to be taken up with equipment.

Okay... I replaced the implerr and cleaned everything in the motor with a q-tip but it's still loud, though I have gotten rid of the trickling. I took it to the pet store and they said nothing was wrong with it so I'm going to try the sun sun...

Gl me haha.

Did they turn it on at the shop?

No. They just took it apart and looked at it. Told me nothing was wrong and said I cleaned it well enough...
And for your previous statement. Do you think it'd look tacky in my 20gal?

No. They just took it apart and looked at it. Told me nothing was wrong and said I cleaned it well enough...
And for your previous statement. Do you think it'd look tacky in my 20gal?

My problem with HOBs is restarting them after I've cleaned them- it takes me ages of fiddling before I get them to work silently. I know its ME, not the HOB, but I just don't seem to be able to get the hang of it.
They should have run it for you, then they could have done some trouble shooting.
Internal filters are not convenient because you have to arrange your tank to 'hide' them, and you have to disturb your tank to clean them.
I would try a little Vaseline on the impeller, or before that, run it without filter media and check that the intake pipe isn't touching the 'propeller' of the impeller. Lol. I don't know what it's called. But THAT is what I have trouble with. It can make a scratching, grinding, or screeching sound depending on how badly I've lined it up. Lol

Yeah. It seems to be more of a rattling now that I've tried fixing it. I'm just going to ask the pet store to deal with it. Last try otherwise it's getting trashed lol. (Once I get a new one)

Yeah. It seems to be more of a rattling now that I've tried fixing it. I'm just going to ask the pet store to deal with it. Last try otherwise it's getting trashed lol. (Once I get a new one)

Just pick up a new filter, can't see your LPS being any help. I've had my aqueon for years (A20) and its currently on my beta tank. It's been very reliable no problems at all. But, since your having so much trouble just snag a Sun Sun or get an AC70 or AC110.

If you do not want to full with it, offer it for sale or trade. Lots of people looking for cheap filters for parts or QT tanks. Sometimes a filter has to run awhile before it will quieten down. They get air bubbles in the impeller housing it has to work out. I would buy the cannister filter if I could afford one myself. I am gradually upgrading equipment as I get more into the hobby. I hate all the tubes and cords in my tanks.

Yeah I know. I'm just kinda on a budget and didn't even plan the hobbie :p my work gave me a one year fish even though I didn't have a tank in the first place haha.
Anyway. What kind of canister are you going to try?

Back
Top Bottom