Diatom filter....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
As most of you know, I got myself the Vortex XL diatom filter a while back ago. It's been quite the lifesaver, and a definite workhorse. I've used it on my 75G for polishing, and on my 29G to help rid algae. And now in the 10G tank with 2 25W bulbs, I just could not get rid of the greenwater, so instead of doing a blackout, I went the route of my trusty diatom filter. Boy, what a change, lol. Water went from cloudy to crystal clear in less than 5 minutes, lol. Of course, the diatom filter runs at 450GPH, lol. Just so you all know, it works wonders even on the small planted tanks. :) And no, it was not to powerful either. It was absolutely perfect. (y)

I managed to get my green water the old fashion way (correct root and cause and 1.5mths of PWC's), but my LFS is getting 3 of them for renting - it will be nice to have that in the back pocket for when you need it. Congrats and thanks for the info!

Well, finally got rid of the GW in my 29G. I did what I really didn't want to do. I added 1 dose of Algae Destroyer. Water was crystal clear in 2 days. The dosing is 1tsp per 50G, so I dosed 3/4 tsp. I've been dosing EI, and upped my CO2 and added mist, and the GW just kept coming back. Even after the diatom filter, it came right back. Now hopefully it will stay away, since all my dosing is up to speed, and CO2 is where I want it.

Back
Top Bottom