Digital ph reader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlidsheaven

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi there,
I've seen some digital ph reader for aquarium on eBay. I've never used them and was wondering if anyone used them or using them?
Is it any good or just gonna waste my money and might lose my fish for wrong reading?

Cichlidsheaven said:
Hi there,
I've seen some digital ph reader for aquarium on eBay. I've never used them and was wondering if anyone used them or using them?
Is it any good or just gonna waste my money and might lose my fish for wrong reading?

Hi. When you buy The "digital pH reader" new, it will come with a solution that you will use to calibrate it. So you'll have accurate reading. Mine came with a 7.0pH solution. I dipped the probe in the solution and adjusted the pH monitor to 7.0. There are other solutions. So you'll adjust the pH monitor depending on the solution that you have. I calibrate mine once a month just to be safe. IMO, it is the best way to monitor tank's pH level.

Hi there,

Why would you lose your fish over a PH issue? The most important thing about PH is that it's stable, after that the fish takes over to adjust. I'm not saying you do or don't need a fancy new toy, but the fish won't die if you don't.

Thanx. Cos I've got about ten tanks and testing ph every week is a mission to e honest so one of them could really ease of the hard work lol.. Seen one comes with ph7 and buffer4.

Back
Top Bottom