dimensions of a 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottayy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, do you guys know the inside dimensions of a 10 gallon aquarium?

glasscages.com said they'd cut some glass for me.. for using in making a sump out of it

I'm really only interested in the width of it. I know it's 10" on the outside.. but how thick is the glass?

If it's 1/8th then I will need the class cut to 9.75".. if 1/4th then i will need 9.5"

Should I get it cut short as well? I can always fill in with silicone but i can't cut the glass myself (don't have tools or know anyone that does).

Seems like you could get this done at a local hardware store much cheaper than glasscages... Have you checked home depot, lowes, mom and pop hardware stores?

Seems like you could get this done at a local hardware store much cheaper than glasscages... Have you checked home depot, lowes, mom and pop hardware stores?

We have a lowes, but their class cutter machine is broken. I asked for an estimate on when it would be fixed but they don't know. I am growing impatient :(

Actually I might do a setup that I just saw.
Have a 10 gallon and a 5 gallon side by side. The 10 drains into the 5 since it is shorter. This will give me more room for things inside the sump.

Still drawing things up in my head :(

Back
Top Bottom