DIY Air stone areator all water powered, no electic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishwonder

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm betting there are a few tanks out there right now with no power. Aeration is more of a concern than heat, so here is a YouTube Video I found that appears to work pretty good. Maybe a little late, but if you have the stuff laying around, looks like you can build this in about an hour.

Works two ways, first a water siphon down to push air up to the air stone. When the bottle is full, just raise the bottle over the tank and now let that tank water drip back in to provide aeration and water movement.

That's a cool idea. Our power came back on this evening. We aerated with battery pumps, but tanks dropped to 62 and 64 degrees
Well your fish should be ok, are they? That's really the minimum temperature they should hit.

But with all your tanks, I'm betting you don't have any covers on them to help hold the heat. Yes?

Yeah, they all have lids. I only lost my wife's betta in an 8g, it was below 60 in there. And a convict in my 20g hospital I was already treating for fin rot. So he was already weakened.

Even my discus pulled thru, their tank was 62 also. I had planned on adding lukewarm water and doing water changes. But our treatment plant shut down last night when the temp dropped to 14F. So no water.

So maybe that idea of a gas generator and some space heaters is a good idea now?

Normally we'd have a power failure like that it would be late summer hurricane problems. So heating wouldn't be an issue. Last night the house dropped down to 52 inside, Chilly!

Normally we'd have a power failure like that it would be late summer hurricane problems. So heating wouldn't be an issue. Last night the house dropped down to 52 inside, Chilly!
Well at least you have power now. Millions don't...

Back
Top Bottom