Do you use the Hiatt Cycle/Right Now Bacteria?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kungpaoshizi

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone have experience with it?

And before you respond, please don't flame, I'm looking for people with experience with it, not OPINIONS on how you think it's probably snake oil.
It wasn't even made for aquariums, it was made for waste management...

And yes I've tried BioSpira, it was junk. Sure it probably came down to storage, but don't post to suggest that either. Thanks! :)

Ya I found that too, but I just had some other questions that the like 3 reviews on the net havn't covered...

And I would prefer to ask people actually USING the system, and not anyone associated with the company... :p

Thanks though ;)

I've never heard of it before, was an interesting thread to read nonetheless. Good luck!

Ya I'm excited about it, I just want to be done with this crash....

Not only that, after reading the patents and researching the bacteria used, they seem far superior to the classic 3 involved in a "natural" tank cycle...
Not as sensitive, they have a survival adaptability (sporing), they can adapt to different water conditions, spores can last a long time, ability to metabolize multiple "bad" things in a tank (including proteins)... and the entire system can work with a barebottom tank setup...

Dude, I'm getting this Friday, but so far, after researching the bacteria involved, it's far superior to the traditional nitrogen cycle bacteria....
Check out Hiatt's Right Now Bacteria...
The genus of the bacterias used is crazy, it's the same genus as anthrax surprisingly...
Otherwise if my tests turn out like everyone elses I've seen, I'll never have a classic tank, they're too sensitive and NOT worth the time...

And constant water changes to keep up with the uber slow bacteria cycle is a thing of the past...

Group 1 is:
Bacillus subtillis;
Bacillus sphaericus;
Bacillus megatarium; and
Bacillus licheniformis.
Group 2 is:
Enterobacter sakazakii; and
Bacillus coagulans.
Group 3 is:
Bacillus cereus.
Group 4 is:
Bacillus pasteurii;
Bacillus cirroflagellosus.
Group 5 is:
Bacillus pumilus.
and optionally with the enzymes Cellulase, Amylase, Protease, Lipase, and optionally with selected pancreatic preparations, and kidney microbia compositions.

And yes, several of these ARE land based bacteria. But the thing is, they are so bada$$, they survive.

But I could be wrong, I have yet to receive it... Friday seems like forever away...

But the fact of the matter is, I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYONE USE THE SYSTEM AND REPORT THAT IT FAILED.

That's an odd thing...

And it's only 7$ a bottle, you DO NOT have to get the TBPC... that's just if you want denitrification of nitrates.

I'm going to have to read about it at home. My firewall at work blocked that link as a potentially malicious site.

Anyways, I'm not sure I like the idea of using "superbacteria" in my aquarium. I may change my mind after reading about it, but that's my first impression.

Ya, I've been weary of it, but after reading about it, and specifically the bacterias involved, the "classic" bacteria in a cycled tank, is a thing of the past...

I mean really, an aquarium is an unnatural thing, trying to make it as natural as possible doesn't really make sense does it? ESPECIALLY if you CAN'T make it an exact copy of the NATURAL system....

Not only that, but I'm an avid believer that we don't know much about nature..

Anyone that challenges it and says "oh that's not the right bacteria!" I would have to say, "ok, so you're right, there will NEVER be any new discoveries in microbiology... what was I thinking!"

:)

But I have yet to receive the product and test it, but if it works just as well if not better, the bonuses to the system and the hardiness of the bacteria are far superior to the classic setup... I mean the nitro bacterias don't reproduce spores to survive right, they just die... to me that's a big bonus. I've also not seen anyone try the system, and give a negative report of it. The only reviews I have seen about it, it's worked for them....

But unfortuneately the bacteria nullifies explosives and radioactive material... guess I'll have to find a new place to store the stuff other than my aquarium!
:jump:

The way you worded your first entry is the reason you have not gotten any answers to your question. Now that you stated your views and "Opinions" on the subject, Now "maybe" you'll get some responses. You should not intimidate everyone in an opennig statement as a question and expect people other then the "company" that put out the product to have their research papers handy, all we have are opinions "AND" you asked the question.

The way you worded your first entry is the reason you have not gotten any answers to your question. Now that you stated your views and "Opinions" on the subject, Now "maybe" you'll get some responses. You should not intimidate everyone in an opennig statement as a question and expect people other then the "company" that put out the product to have their research papers handy, all we have are opinions "AND" you asked the question.

I asked for people who have experience using the product.
I don't think that is intimidating and/or confusing.
If you think my asking people not to post their opinions on a system they have not used is intimidating, well, I'm sorry you are confused and assumed something.

The reason I included the other stuff is now because people are asking questions, so I'm reflecting upon FACTS I've seen about the bacteria.

Thanks for the intimiadting response though on how my post is "not up to par".
That's my opinion ;)

It's like a magazine I saw once on the news stand,,,"The Plain Truth"...edited by!!!!

written "facts" from a layman are "opinions". and you did not want our opinions if I read you correct...

Okay, Okay... Let's get this back on topic. I am curious to see your results with the product. Keep detailed notes/readings so that we can make our own opinions. Keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom