Does anybody else use pond stuff all the time? Dechlorinators, etc?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tim Wheatley

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been doing it for a long time now and haven't seen any impact in water or fish. I normally use NovAqua+ Water Conditioner, but a few months back I saw the same brand (in the same size bottle) except it was labelled as for ponds...

I looked at the back and saw the ingredients were exactly the same except the pond one was massively, massively concentrated (basically, just less water in the bottle). While a capfull of the aquarium one would treat 10 gallons, a capfull of the pond one treated the entire 75 gallon tank (and that was overdosing). The most impressive thing? It cost half as much.

The only downside I have is that the conditioner STINKS! You have to hold your nose using the pond one to keep out that chemical smell.

I have wondered about this as well, as I have both ponds and aquariums. I am currently using some pond strength products in my aquariums (measuring carefully), and so far so good

Back
Top Bottom