Down sizing from a 55g to a 30g, (over flow?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bob

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im down sizing from a 55g fowlr into a 30g, and im wondering if i could use the same overflow box and return pump from the 55 in the 30. I also am running two 1200 powerheads in the 55 now, can i also put one of them in the 30, or would that be to much movement in a smaller space? Thanks for your help!

Movement or flow is a good thing. The overflow is not the same height is it. You`ll need to cut it to the proper height if it is not the same. I`m sure one of the PH`s could be strategically put in your tank. I`m not much of a hardware person though. What size sump was on the 55 and what size will be on the 30?

Ive got a diy 20g sump im using for the 55 right now, which i plan to swap over to the 30. the over flowbox i have is adjustable, i can slide it up and down to adjust the flow out of the tank. and my return pump is a rio 2100. i know flow is good im just wondering if that will be to much flow. I dont want my clowns getting thrown around the tank.

Back
Top Bottom