driftwood question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nilesh7318

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have just brought a driftwood from the local pet store. i cleaned the wood with a brush and water.

when i put the wood in water it is floating. how much time will the wood take to soak in the water and sink in water.

i have attached the photo of the wood . can anyone comment on the wood if it is okay.

Attachments

• IMG_0128.jpg
    IMG_0128.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 70
i have just brought a driftwood from the local pet store. i cleaned the wood with a brush and water.

when i put the wood in water it is floating. how much time will the wood take to soak in the water and sink in water.

i have attached the photo of the wood . can anyone comment on the wood if it is okay.

It can take a long long time or no time at all. It's it light? Have you tried to boil it?

no i have not boiled it. i have just put it in hot water for few hours .do i need to boil it. how can i make it sink.

yes it is not sinking. i have put it in water for about two days now. its still floating.

Boiling will help to open up pores for it to water-log faster, but it won't be right away. You'll probably either have to screw it to a piece of slate, or put a heavy rock on top of it. It'll water-log eventually.

thanks for your replies. but can you tell me how much time it will take for this wood to sink.

thanks for your replies. but can you tell me how much time it will take for this wood to sink.

Take a guess ... it'll be somewhere between now and never. Could be a couple of weeks, or months. There have been members that waited months and it still wanted to float. Screwing it to a piece of slate should do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom