Durso Stand Pipe Noisy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fort384

Dividing by 0
Site Team
After having my tank run for about 4 months, just recently my durso stand pipe drain started making noise. It never did it before this.

It whistles every few minutes for about 10-15 seconds. It is really annoying. If you cover the vent hole on top of the pipe it stops whistling.

Along with that, you can see the water level in the sump rise slightly during the whistling. Once the whistling is done, the water level returns to normal.

Any ideas for a fix?

fort384 said:
After having my tank run for about 4 months, just recently my durso stand pipe drain started making noise. It never did it before this.

It whistles every few minutes for about 10-15 seconds. It is really annoying. If you cover the vent hole on top of the pipe it stops whistling.

Along with that, you can see the water level in the sump rise slightly during the whistling. Once the whistling is done, the water level returns to normal.

Any ideas for a fix?

I would check to see if there was some build up on the float, reduction in the size of the hole may cause it to whistle, and cause it to float higher than normal allowing a faster flow of water, once it drains and the float drops back in place the flow slows back down.

Back
Top Bottom