Ebay canister filter???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kano

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wondering if anyone else has got one of these of ebay from oz plaza?? There about $50 if so what do you think about them?

I don't have one, but have heard from people who do that they work ok. A canister filter is a pretty simple device... a water tight container, a couple of lines to form a siphon and a return, and a pump to help move it along, and some media inside to form a bio filter/mechanical filtration. You get what you pay for however. I have heard that they can be a little noisier than an eheim or other quality canister, and they are a little more flimsy on the hose connections and the latching mechanisms.

Ok thank you as i might buy one if it last a yr for $50 i cant go wrong for that price as my fluvel has had it and dont want to pay $300 for a new one. I only have a 4 foot tank with one oscar so i might get it and try it and then put a review up :)

i got an odyssea CFS 500 for 60 bucks and its alright man, only complaints i have about mine are it didnt come with like a clamping device to keep the tubes going into the tank tight, i made a custom hood tho so that didnt really bother me, the tubes were a little bit short so i spent 20 bucks and got some food grade from lowes. and i have a small problem sometimes with it shooting out white flakes when i turn it on, some people have said its biofilm and no biggie so i just put a fish net in front of the output when i start it. only had mine running for a few weeks, but its quiet and for the price im not complaining

EDIT: heres a link, so far so good with mine, especially for the price
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Odyssea-CFS...853?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fc6f09c5

Back
Top Bottom