Ebay equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinda

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys, my purpose of starting this thread is for us to list what equipment we have bought from ebay, how much and how good the equipment was as well as the service we received. I am in the process of buying T5 lighting and am unsure who to trust in ebay.

TDS: Sunstone Herbals (thesilvergenie)
GFO: Reef Chili (reefchili)
RO/DI: Aqua-Safe
Refractometer: National Industrial Supply (nis_sales)
Opps... forgot my great deal on my Fluval 404's (a GREAT deal) : Tiny's Pond World

Last edited:
RO/DI auqua something
Fluvial FX5
I am happy with both purchases.

i got a sump/fuge which came w/ bioballs, two pumps, a protien skimmer ( the protien skimmer is a joke aka, cheap ) mineral mud, overflow box, and a light for the fuge which uses 2x 7 inch 13watt 65k pc lights.

i got it for 220, US and 240 US total after shipping and insurance. everything was wrapped in bubble wrap and thick foam panels all with in a plywood box sealed w/ galvanized screws.

the whole set up was missing the surgace skimmer for the overflow, i have been calling there shipping dpt. a few times and they say there sending it out. for now i used the bubble defuser which came w/ my coralife super skimmer, i put it inside of a bag and put rubber bands around it so now it only removes water from the top of the tank, it works just as well as a surface skimmer.

and i got it from '

s.gif
buildyouraquarium over all it was a good purchase.

Some of us have had great success using Ebay. Personally I think it provides the balance that online shopping did for the brick-n-mortar. It keeps the online retailer honest much the same way it gave people an insight into what product really cost and what the mark up was for brick-n-mortar expenses and profit margins.

There are crooks are out there sure, just like they were before Ebay and the internet. Threads like this will help identify the good ones to other members. That's what this whole thing is about ; helping and looking out for each other in the virtual sense

I'm sorry your experience hasn't been the same

10g tank with:
Wrought iron stand.
Filter 5-15g whisper: didnt know how it worked at time so got a different one.
Hood with light:replaced
Chemicals: algea killer,water clearer.
Plastic plants.
Gravel.

All for $15 I'm pretty much happy with it.

its a good idea to buy from power sellers, who have really good reviews.

the set up i got was from a guy who out of 575+ only have 5 unsatisfied customers in the past year.

ive also gotten a phone from ebay

ebay purchases

I purchased from ebay and am happy from all:

• 150w sub. heater
  • refractometer
  • small magnet
  • digital therm.
  • clip on fan (5fans)
I've actually moved on to craigslist.com now... I find a lot of local stuff that I don't have to wait on! :) I'm looking at 125gallon tanks with tons of accessories for like $300.00 --- it's crazy!

Thanks for all the replies; keep them coming. It would be nice if you could post the dealers store as well.

I have realized that unless you are getting used stuff marinedepot's prices aren't all that bad.

there prices are not that bad at all, ive gotten a few things from them, they package everything very well and they are allot cheaper then any retail store i have been to, i got my lighting from them.

I pretty much got everything for my tank off of Ebay
Fluval 405
Protein Skimmer
Hydrometer
Master Saltwater test kit
Intant Ocean for real Cheap 160 gallon bucket

They all were purchase brand new for a great price.....

eBay can be great for some items AND from some sellers. You need to check the specs and prices against the big online retailers. I often find that I can a product for less money from DrsFosterandSmith, ThatPetPlace, BigAlsOnline or occasionaly MarineDepot.

I got a great RODI faucet adapter on eBay from the filerdirect, Salifert kits from Tsunami, a detrivore kit from a Philly hobbyist who only has them as his population permits, and many other items too.

Back
Top Bottom