Ebay sump tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

errdivideby0

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm getting ready to set up my first tank (an 80 gallon tank that I've had sitting in my garage for a while) and I was looking for filtration. I've found this one on ebay but is it as good of a deal as it seems to be? Let me know what you guys think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350189545311&ssPageNam e=ADME:B:EF:US:1123

For some reason I can't get the link to work when clicking on it but if you copy and paste the link it seems to work fine.

Thanks!

Gary

1st of all your link is not working becouse there is a space on the end.

2nd that filter is very good, but you may be able to find one cheaper...
I will have a quick look on internet to see if i can see a cheaper one.

Thanks for the info on that I there isn't a space right after the link, I went to the end and deleted and nothing happened. It's beyond me why it isn't working.

Ok sorry, i thought that might have been the problem...

i will keep looking for a cheaper one.

89089074.jpg
89089074a.jpg
89089074b.jpg
89089074c.jpg
89089074d.jpg

Not sure....can you tell by these pics

I see the hoses in those pictures but I don't see any water pumps so I'd have to buy those by themselves where they come with the other one :/ I'll ask my marine science teacher at school tomorrow and see what she thinks.

the one on ebay is the same one that I got and the skimmer is crap, you dont need the bio-balls, the pumps havent given me a problem yet but they definitly arent the best.
you'll need to buy a better skimmer anyway so you might as well do that instead and spend the rest of the money on a plain tank and put your own baffles in. It will be cheaper I promise.

I ended up adding 2 more 10gal tanks to that one cause I wanted a bigger refuge and my new skimmer wouldn't fit.

Attachments

• 100_2543.jpg
    100_2543.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_2544.jpg
    100_2544.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 48
Ok thats about all i can do.

P.S dont go with the cheaper option if you are worried about it.

I wont buy that one of ebay then. I'll try and get my marine science teacher to come with me to the store to help get the stuff that I need so I'll be sure to get the right stuff. All the walk throughs on building a sump have confused me so when I saw that I thought it would be nice, but turns out it was too good to be true xD.

Back
Top Bottom