Eclipse 12 Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dimdem

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know tha several other people have Eclipse 12s. I'm not 100% sure how the carbon filter is supposed to be positioned. It seems just a little long, even with the tab at the end folded up, and I can't get it to lay quite flat. As I have it now, water covers the first half of the filter, but as it gets closer to the Bio-Wheel it tilts up higher and water never gets that far. I guess I'm worried that the carbon isn't being used fully. Am I doing something wrong?

I have a 15 gallon and it fits fine. Are you sure you are using the correct size? Look at the packaging of the filter or the directions included with the tank to see that you are purchasing the correct size.

I would contact marineland and ask them. I had a problem with my biowheel and found their customer service excellent. I also have a 10 gallon which uses a G filter and it fits perfectly. In fact, the 15 gallon also uses a G filter.

I figured this out today when I installed the new filter. Probably no one else in the history of the planet will have the problem I did, but I'll explain what I screwed up just in case some other poor soul is serarching the archives some day. When the instructions said to fold up the tab, I only folded up the half inch or so wide bit that sticks out farthest. I didn't realize that there is a bit the entire width of the filter that folds up.

Glad it was that simply. I know occasionally, I will put it in wrong and it won't fit right but I just lift it up and try again.

Back
Top Bottom