Eco tech mp10 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone use this, is it ready worth the money?

I have an MP10 running on my 60g tank. It is a great powerhead, HOWEVER I personally dont think it's worth the inflated price. I run koralia's in most of my other tanks and find them to be a great powerhead as well. Not as many bells and whistle as the mp10 but good enough to do the job. :)

I'm probably one of the few that feel this way, lol, but thats' my opinion for what its worth.

I have an MP10 running on my 60g tank. It is a great powerhead, HOWEVER I personally dont think it's worth the inflated price. I run koralia's in most of my other tanks and find them to be a great powerhead as well. Not as many bells and whistle as the mp10 but good enough to do the job. :)

I'm probably one of the few that feel this way, lol, but thats' my opinion for what its worth.

Ya, I have a koralia on my 70 gallon fw, works fine. I'm seeing up a 29 gallon bio cube, and naturally want the best for the tank, so I'm considering the mp10. However do you think a koralia will work just as well?

I have mp 10s and Mp40s. I think they are worth the money BUT I also love gadgets :). I also agree that the Koralia are real good power heads if you dont want to spend that crazy amount of money on a powerhead. :)

I have mp 10s and Mp40s. I think they are worth the money BUT I also love gadgets :). I also agree that the Koralia are real good power heads if you dont want to spend that crazy amount of money on a powerhead. :)

I also love some gadgets ha. With a good wave maker, would a koralia be able to perform almost as well in your opinion?

I also love some gadgets ha. With a good wave maker, would a koralia be able to perform almost as well in your opinion?

I have never used a wave makers so i can not help you there. But I can say that the mp10 and 40 are great. My corals love them and one of my tanks is a sps only tank and the sps look good. When I first got my mp10 I was having nitrate issues. I hooked up the mp10 and my tank didnt have any dead spots anymore and eventually my nitrates come down with water changes and they have stayed down :)

Ive personally heard quite a few people having issues with their koralias when running them on a wavemaker. (running backwards, not running at all). That being said, i have 2 evo 750s and i love them. Extremely reliable and a great constant-speed ph. Id just be hesitant to run them on the wavemaker. Also with the mp10's, they can vary their speed from 0-100%, koralias cant. All they can do is 0 or 100%, no in between. I too was a hobbyist on the "its insanely overpriced" bus, however. They really start to shine when you look into more advanced setups, (controllers, custom wave profiles, master/slave profiles, etc) once i get my apex controller in and settled, im going to start saving for mp40's

Also what the vortechs can do that others cant, makes them worth it. Sure, with a controller involved, theres other powerheads that can mimic the vortechs, however apex has a module out specific to the vortechs, that allows the apex to WIRELESSLY control the vortechs. So just really do your research before diving into these. If you are looking for a high-quality, simple powerhead, the vortech isnt your best choice.. (koralias, tunze, jabeo) if however, you are planning on utilizing the unique benefits of the mp10, buy it

Would it make sense to get just an MP10 as part of my 125 g setup?

I would have the MP10 on the top of one side, a MJ 1200 (till upgrade to evo) on the bottom of the same and another evo 1500 on the top of the opposite side.

Since the MP10 goes to 1575gph, doesn't it make more sense to get that instead of the evo 1500 because of the wave making ability? Can't afford the mp40 rt now.

Do you need a vortech PH? No. Are they nice to have? Yes. The thing about running koralias on a wavemaker is the rubber bumper on the cover wears out and you have to replace them every so often. Fortunately, hydor will send you replacements for free.

Thanks for the feedback. I actually found out about the Jebao WP 40 and picked up two of those off eBay for $160.

Ive had one on my 125 for over a month and i absolutely love it! Youll be shocked at te power it has

Back
Top Bottom