Eheim 2217 or Filstar XP3?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr_girlfriend

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Which one would you choose? Theres only a $20 difference between the two. Its going to be for a 60 gallon, not sure of inhabitants yet, prolly goldfish and planted (maybe). :D
And how about Hydor in line heaters? Any good? TIA

I love my XP2, it's a bit too powerful for my 15gallon, so i've got the flow turned quite low down.

Eheim are more GPH but i still love my XP2 lol :p

Not much help but oh well :)

Fluvals are a little more expensive, and Ive heard some bad things about them. But then Ive heard people love them, so who knows? Let us all know how it holds up!
I'm really leaning towards the eheim, but not sure yet. Maybe get the 2213 and a secondary HOB. So many decisions!!!
Jchillin why are you raw shrimp cycling your new tank when you have an established tank?

If I had to get another filter, I would get an Eheim. I love my xp1, but to be able to just buy a bag of media and make my own filter would be great.

Do we not need an ammonia source nevertheless? I don't want my good bacteria to starve...LOL
Oh, true, true. :D
How long till you get your fishies?

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with the ehiem. I like the customization of it.

I would go with the Eheim, their rate for the filter is true, not like Fluval/Rena XP which rate their filter without filter media, but Eheim rate it when flow with media. I have Fluval tho, still love it much, but if there is a chance, I'll get Eheim.

Back
Top Bottom