Eheim 2260 O-ring Source??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smitty50SSV

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have an original Eheim 2260 that has never failed in 20-years. Did a cleaning this weekend and have a slow leak past the O-ring that seals the motor's impeller chamber (quarter turn lock on end of motor housing).

Have cleaned O-ring and groove again, used vaseline, but can't get a seal.

Spent 2-hrs last night and 4-hrs today searching for sources for replacement O-ring. Several sources have the big one for seal between the bucket and the lid, and the one for the L-shaped tubing coming from lid into the motor, but NOBODY has the one that goes on the Impeller chamber... I think it is Part # 7277350.

Can someone steer me to a source for this part? Would really appreciate it.
Have been to KensFish/McMasters-Carr/Hartmann-Pumpen(can't find an english way into the parts section)/ Aquariumkingdom/Amazon/and e-bay.

Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions, but so far zip.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Smitty and welcome to the forum :)

Which country are you in?

You could try to contact Eheim via their website and get the o-ring direct. Alternatively find a company locally that sells o-rings and buy one from there.

The o-ring on the impellor cover holds the impellor steady. Sometimes a rubber band can be used in its place as a temporary fix. Other people make a new one out of silicon but let it dry before using it so you don't glue the cover to the motor housing.

I'm not familiar with that exact part but I know I've gotten O-rings from pool supply places so you can check there or if you have a Home Depot or Lowe's where you are at, they carry smaller O-rings in their plumbing department. When all else fails, contact Eheim directly. (y)

Is the Eheim 2260 from the same series/generation of filters? I'm researching a replacement for a Rena XP3 and see this filter mentioned: availability of parts could be a concern.
Good luck finding the o-rings!

Back
Top Bottom