eheim bio media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ctachiera

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all! I'm new to Eheim filters, finally caved and went with the "best" after years of trying everything else. My Eheim 2215 canister came with the "cocoa puff" type bio media. After doing my first canister cleaning, I noticed that this material seems to be crumbling a little bit. Will this continue to degrade as the months go by? If so, is there a better bio-media you all might suggest? No sense in having it if I'm going to have to replace it often and cycle the tank all over again.

Thanks

Hey all! I'm new to Eheim filters, finally caved and went with the "best" after years of trying everything else. My Eheim 2215 canister came with the "cocoa puff" type bio media. After doing my first canister cleaning, I noticed that this material seems to be crumbling a little bit. Will this continue to degrade as the months go by? If so, is there a better bio-media you all might suggest? No sense in having it if I'm going to have to replace it often and cycle the tank all over again.

Thanks

I have your answer go with Seachem matrix Bio media top of the line media and lasts for ever. Look it up on line you'll see what I am talking about. Good luck I hope this helped

Back
Top Bottom