Eheim filter problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jhoussock

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought an eheim 2217 filter for my 46g bow front. Originally I had a whisper hob and my water was crystal clear but the filter was really noisy. I switched to an eheim 2217 and it is almost silent but my water is now filled with dust like particles with larger ones here and there. I'm really disappointed with this filter especially since it's said to filter over 100 g tanks. Am I missing something? I do have my old filter materials in the canaster to seed, can this be the problem? Just wish I had clear water again...

About a week. Eheim recommends that the return be mounted on the side of the tank but it doesn't fit there I currently have it on the same side as the output because it looks like it is pushing the particles out, down, and back to the output. That's another question I have, how much flow do I need? The top layer of half of my tank ripples and the opposite side is pretty flat and swirls on top. I have a long airstone on that side. Sound ok? Sorry if I'm all over the place , just diving into all this stuff and trying to learn the ins and outs.

About a week. Eheim recommends that the return be mounted on the side of the tank but it doesn't fit there I currently have it on the same side as the output because it looks like it is pushing the particles out, down, and back to the output. That's another question I have, how much flow do I need? The top layer of half of my tank ripples and the opposite side is pretty flat and swirls on top. I have a long airstone on that side. Sound ok? Sorry if I'm all over the place , just diving into all this stuff and trying to learn the ins and outs.

I thought this filter came with a spray bar? Why not use that?

Did you change the sponges over to the new filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It does come with the spray bar and I am using it but it doesn't fit on the side of my tank it's to long. I put it on the back instead not sure if this messes up the filter efficiency.

Also I did put the sponges and charcoal pouches in the new filter at the very bottom

It does come with the spray bar and I am using it but it doesn't fit on the side of my tank it's to long. I put it on the back instead not sure if this messes up the filter efficiency.

No back is better. Put some filter wool in there. Could be a bacteria bloom too.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom