eheim start up problem - pls help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brindley33

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just assembled my eheim 2215 cannister filter, but cannot get enough pressure for it to start pumping properly. I have left it running for 4 to 5 minutes but the water level in the outlet tube will only get to within 5 to 6 inches from the top of the tube and the spray pipe. Have I done something wrong in my set up or is there something I can do or should I just let it run for longer. ANY IDEAS? Please help? I have a very nearly setup tank and am most frustrated as are my fish who can't wait for their home upgrade.

Did you try this method below as stated in the instruction?

Starting up: With the EHEIM suction device (order no. 400354) or by sucking by mouth, suck the water on the pressure side above the edge of the tank. This will start a siphon. When canister is completely full of water connect pressure hose to outlet pipe and switch on filter by plugging in power plug. After a short while there will be a full flow of water through the hose without any air bubbles. (Be aware that the vibrating noise in the pump, occurring for the first seconds of operation, is normal).

Or you could try to pour some water in the canister until it is full then lock everything down and start it up, I have had to do this method before and it has worked for me most of the times.

[center:c63be3ccc0] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, brindley33!! :n00b: [/center:c63be3ccc0]

You need to prime the pump by adding water. If that alone doesn't work, look to see if there is a start plunger. My Fluval did not kick in the other night and I had to manually remove the air using the plunger.

Have you seeded the new filter to avoid cycling the new tank from scratch?

thanks for the advice I may have to just try and get the water a little higher, if I can't I will have to disassemble and try again from scartch - tx again.

Back
Top Bottom