Ehiem Pro II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chili is hot

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How come i can't find any thing about this filter on this site?

Well i'm going to buy a 120 gal aquarium in the near future, and i need a filter. I was planing on buying the Filstar Xp3 because it is quite inexspensive and people say good things about it.

Today i found a used Eheim Pro II 2028 filter for sale. they are asking $125 can wich is about 50$ less than the Xp3 new. i was just wondering if this was a good deal, and if it is worth the exspence for the Eheim?

thanks

bigalls sells them both..
Xp3
Pro II 2028

You can get the Xp3 less then $125 (just over $100)
but.. thats a very good price for the Eheim Pro II 2028.. 50% off online retail price..

If you don't like shopping over the internet, bigals also sells by phone and mailorder..

As far as no information on this site about the filter.. that's one expensive filter for what it is, I wouldnt have one unless I found someone selling a broken one for really cheap, or just givin it away.. So I dont have any experiance with it..

Eheim filters generally have the best reputation among aquarists but they are also the most expensive. Because of the price I bought a new Filstar recently and I have been very happy with the results.

Yeah, Eheim filters are great!
I never had a Filstar before, only Fluval and Eheim. If you have the money I would go with an Eheim (just my opinion) :wink: .

Yeah i just got it.
i have it hooked up to my 36 gal and seems to be going good. i had a hard time starting it up, the push pump is stiff but other that that it works fine. It came with a bunch of media too. i also went to big al's in nepean before and they had a new one with media and everything for about $350.00. i'm pleased so far.

We have 2 Eheims 2213 2215, they are wonderful filters. It has been worth the money spent on them. They stretch out the carbon use. Filter media last longer, less water changes, and the aquarium water is very clean. Plus you can tailor your Eheim to your fishes needs much easier than you can a hang on filter.

I've been very happy with my Eheim 2026. In fact, I am planning to get another for the 30 gal I will be setting up soon.

Eheim pros: Very reliable, no leaks, whisper quiet, and very easy to clean.
Eheim cons: Relatively expensive, can be hard to find spare parts.

Big Als is currently selling the 2028 complete with media for $249. You found a bargain. :D

Back
Top Bottom