Elctricity pricing help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrisgaucher

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can someone tell me how much it would cost a month for plugging in 2 filter and a heater? Just a rough estimate

chrisgaucher said:
Can someone tell me how much it would cost a month for plugging in 2 filter and a heater? Just a rough estimate

Honestly I haven't noticed any difference in my Con-Ed bill with my 3 tanks running. I did however notice a HUGE change with the AC's on for months.

I run 3 heaters, 3 pumps, 2 powerheads, 2 canisters and 2 hang on backs and they don't effect the bill a lot just a few dollars. The AC or heat in my house raises the bill a couple hundred like con said

Edit I forgot 6 lights, lol

Last edited:
I knew it! My mom is def lying haha. Thanks guys ill have to show her this.

chrisgaucher said:
I knew it! My mom is def lying haha. Thanks guys ill have to show her this.

Lol when our bill hit 300+ dollars my wife yelled and yelled. I said fine and I turned off 1 power head, 2 pumps, 4 lights and 1 hob and it didn't go down a dollar in two months. So I turned them back on :)

Ok, this depends on where you are located, I'm in Tennessee where electricity is fairly cheap .11/KwH.

So let's say your heater filter light ect uses 500w, so that would be 12kwH a day, multiply by 30 days a month, and then that by eleven cents. So 3,960 cents, so that would be $39.60 extra if everything on your tank was on 24/7.

Id say everything averages on 12hrs a day , except the filter , but the filter generally uses the least electricity unless you have a big sump or cannister. So $20 a month for a medium sized aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom