epoxy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JakeVS

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone

Im wondering if anyone could give me suggestions for a good epoxy to build rock structures for my FW aquarium? would silicone work or even be strong enough to hold it? i want to build an arch, wouldnt be much rock. maybe 5lb.

Hey everyone

Im wondering if anyone could give me suggestions for a good epoxy to build rock structures for my FW aquarium? would silicone work or even be strong enough to hold it? i want to build an arch, wouldnt be much rock. maybe 5lb.

Are you thinking epoxy to glue rocks together? I'd be leery of anything that can leech into the water column. Aqua safe silicone would work and if the rocks have a rough surface, a fair amount on each joint should hold pretty good IME.

Here's a background thread, but IMO many of the materials could be used for your rock structures.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/my-new-tank-setup-with-diy-background-126101.html

I recently did something similar using aquarium silicone. Worked really well just double check the joints when ever u remove it from the tank as to never drop half.

Thanks, i suppose i will use silicone first, see how it holds and if necissary go to concrete.

Back
Top Bottom