Eshopps Skimmer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish noob

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have the Eshopps 75 in-sump skimmer. It allows you to adjust the water level that rises. How high should the bubbles be in the catch cylinder? Are they supposed to spill over into the catch canister? If not, how will the skimmate get in there? Hopefully these questions make sense. I'm not quite up to speed on all the correct lingo.

Just get the bubbles to "almost" spill over into the cup. You don't want a constant overflow or it will fill up too fast but you want some of the bubbles to flow over. lol Hope that makes sense. My eshopps has a bar to adjust the height of the bubbles and I keep mine to the left of the white dot on the bar, with the printing kined up to the mark. Not sure if the eshopps you have is set up like mine. :)

Ya, mine is controlled with a vertical round cylinder that has a white dot on it. I believe that is what controls the level, right?

yep. to have it totally open with the level of the water at the lowest you line up the two dots. Then you adjust from there. I found matching the dot up to the printing part of the tube gives me the best water height in the skimmer. How long have you had the skimmer btw? It took almost 2 weeks for my eshopps to break in fully so that might be a consideration.

You should be half way there then. :) Just adjust the tube slowly. Like adjust it, let it go for awhile then come back and see how it did. Adjust again if necessary, repeat until you have just a bit of bubble overflow.

I got the hang on skimmer and its great!! Thanks for the advice Carey. I love this thing. Did'nt know I had so much gunk to pull out of the tank. I adjust mine so that the water line,(not the bubbles) but the actual water line is just at the base of the neck on the cup. It gives a very dry skim with just about 1/4" deep liquid in the bottom of the cup. I only need to empty it about once every three or four days. Works great!!

Back
Top Bottom