feedback on these two skimmers please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure about those but someone recommended me a skimmer and said it was identical to the bubble Magnus. It's called. SCA 302.skimmer. You can find it on eBay for 139$ I have googled it and there is a long thread with people praising it. Do some research and it might save you a couple dollars. I am definitely going to try it out

It's maxed out for my tank. At upto 189g so I'm not going to use it. But if I had a smaller tank I would try it. Thanks and good luck

It looks just like the BM. I think 2400 l/h is not accurate though. That has to be a mistake.

What size tank do you have?

Well, here's what one person said about that BM clone-

"I picked up this skimmer due to a huge post on another forum and the price.

A few observations;
1. Well packed in a new designed box with antitamper seals.
2. At first I thought the lid had clear plastic on it that was kinda scratched off. It turned out to be glue. There is sloppy glue on many places of the skimmer. I don't think the acrylic was welded using Weldon, more of hot glue as it peeled easily off with my nail.
3. This thing is small. Significantly smaller than my Euroreef RS80 (ER5-2) that I hope to replace. The collection cup is half the capacity and the neck a little slimmer.
4. The pump is a PH2000 needle wheel (atman?). The impeller had two covers. One twists off and the other is GLUED onto the pump! It should screw off to replace the impeller if needed but it's been purposely glued. :(
5. The pump states 42 watts but only pulls 12.5 watts per kill-a-watt. Thats less than half the sedra running the euroreef pulls (26watts).
6. This thing will be a PITA to pull apart and clean. Took me 15 to put it together. Would be faster if I used a wrench on the plastic screws.
7. Very flimsy. I see how they can sell it so cheap
8. The water height adjustment tube needs a o-ring or something. It is waay to easy to move. If you bump it you will move it.

Overall, not that impressed. I'll likely pull it out and return it unless it shows a large improvement over my current skimmer. IMO probably a decent budget skimmer for a 75 gallon or less. Can't beat the price"

I also saw another thread with measurements on the 180 gallon model and it's a pretty small skimmer. Definitely not a 180 gallon skimmer. Might be good for a small tank though.The BM's rated for the samesize tanks are considerably larger.

look-
img_2315922_0_f7daffeb909d394fcbe8731fff9a4491.jpg

Im just going with the bubble magus just because it fits alot better than alot of the skimmers ive looked at.

Back
Top Bottom