Few general questions (video included)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paradoxum

Aquarium Advice Newbie
160l tank, recently cleaned the entire thing out and started again - switched to an Oase 350 filter which I'm loving as my Eheims/Fluvals in the past all sucked imo.

Question 1; Should I use the spray bar extension and extend my spray bar across the rest of the length of the tank? I currently have the one positioned just below the water to provide some surface agitation.

Question 2: I Am planning to get an Eheim Reeflex UV500 Sterilizer, which was planned for next month but this past week I've noticed a rapid building up what appears to be brown algae - will this help with eliminating that? When attaching it to the Oase, should I get a pair of these double tap adapters for each side? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0014FINV8

3: Should I stick a foam prefilter over the intake filter (I know the pump itself has a prefilter, but thoughts here as I have a couple spare new ones I can use.)

4: I've seen some people talk about removing foam from one of the trays in their Oase filters and leaving them empty - and others talking about adding more ceramic filters in there - thoughts on this? I've got a small air pump filter attached to the inside with ceramic rings in the bottom and I just replaced the foam filters on them because they were coated and filled with brown algae.

5: Ocassionally, air will spray from the spray bar, not a lot and not often, but where's the air coming from? If I pump down the priming button hard and fast a couple of times I can squeeze some air out until there's none left again, but it seems to build up again - like I say it's not a lot of air but I'm wondering if it's just normal or if I haven't sealed the tubing properly on the intake somewhere.

I know the filter should be placed ideally below the tank but there just isn't any room. Also, after I push the priming button down, it used to pop all the way back up slowly on its own but now it stops about 3/4 of the way - should I leave it there or pull it back all the way up?

Here's a video I just took showing everything:

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom