Filstar canister media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all I have a xp3 and xp4 on my tank. I hadn't used the SUPER micro filtration pads till recent maintenance. Put them at top above the micro filter pads Rest of media is the stock sponges and biological media like stars and matrix and bio max. Oh and a zorb pouch in each. Flows less than when I had another pouch in each or phos zorb and didn't have the SUPER pad there. Question is do I go back to old setup with the phos pouch and no super pad (worked well and no more water polishing noticed with the super pad!) or do I skip that extra pad and the extra pouch and leave empty space in the tray? I feel like they need to be all filled but not sure.

Skip the pad if you aren't seeing any benefit. Polishing pads in canister filters require cleaning more often because they clog faster. Do you have an HOB you can use for polishing? You can just use cheap filter floss instead of expensive-sounding "super micro filtration pads".

Back
Top Bottom