filter advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newbneedshelp

Aquarium Advice Freak
what filter/s would be best for a 50 gal? im looking into a fluval 404, or 2 penguin 170s unless you can give me some suggestions. thanks

I have tried many filters and have had the most success with aquaclears. I have an ac300 on my 55 cichlid tank,ac500 on my 50 reef and an ac150 on my 10 tetra tank. They are quiet and efficient and the 500 has excellent water flow.

I'll recommend a Filstar XP2 or (better yet) an XP3. If you can afford it, get the Eheim Proffessional series. These are brands that have been tried and true for me.

sorry i was thinking ahead of my self and it looks like i wont be able to get hte 50 but im getting a 40 instead.

i like the FilStar canisters but the problem is they are kind of expensive. Im thinking of getting the xp1 becuase it sonly 40 gal. I wont be buying everything at once becuase i odnt have the money, so if you think i should get a stronger one like the xp2 then i will.

The Fluval 404 is a great canister IMO.
I have on on my 55gal African tank along with two penguin 330's and it keeps my tank crystal clear.

after reviewing all of my options ive decided on a Filstar XP1 Canister an a Penguin 330. Thanks for all the helpful advice heh!!

That sounds like a good combo - I combine HOB with canisters often and I think you will be in great shape for your setup.

Back
Top Bottom