Filter brands help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kondoe

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone, I live in Turkey and it's not very easy getting some come equipment here and delivery is dificult and expensive because of tax.

So i have done alot of looking around on the net and found many brands of filters i can get here in Turkey with no trouble (except it's a bit more expensive.) I have made a list below of the brands, if you guys could give me some help or advice personneş experience on any of the brands i list please help.

My Tank is 107 gallons (488 litres) keep this in mind as i want a good filter.

Aquel
Astro
Atman (seems very popular here)
Dolphin
Ehiem
Fluval
Life Tech
RI Sheng
Sera
Sun Sun
Tetratec
E-JET
Hagen
Hailea
Life Tec-Jebo
Resun
Boyu
Ekol

I don't want it to cost a bomb either :) ım looking to pay no more that 250TL so about $160
Also if you guys could point out the brands you know are worthless would be great help :)

I know the Eheim, Fluval, and Hagen name. Hagen and Fluval are really the same company. For a tank that big I would look at canister filters. Some people love Eheim, others think they're overpriced and temperamental. I've never heard anything really bad about Fluval canisters.

I used to hate my Eheim. I've grown to love it. I love my fluvals and rena xp as well. Fluval is a division of Hagen I believe, or at least they're affiliated somehow. I would stick with one of those two/three brands. Two fluval 305's/405's, or a couple eheim 2217 (i think thats the model) would be great in there.

I have been looking at the 2217 but getting 2 is a bit too expensive for me at the moment costing about $207 each. I have been looking at Fluval here but I can't get the Fluval g series here but can get the FX5 at about $325.

Back
Top Bottom