Filter died!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
His morning I went to go turn on the lights in my 30 gal and I noticed still water! I tried to plug he filter into different outlets but it was burnt out. I remembered I had another pump part for that filter but it Dosent fit right. I am running a bubbler and floating the media. What else can I do? I have a 55 gallon filter but I don't want to throw anybody around the tank!

Stock
3cardinal tetras ( I will up the school this weekend)
6 green corycats

I plan on getting angels this weekend too but I don't want to have them thrown around by the current either.

I have to leave in 20 minutes for school ( bleh, I won't get any work done today now ) so I'll come home and see what you guys posted

Thanks!!

Really nobody??!? Would the 55 g filter work? I don't want the fish to be thrown around.... It does have a flow control though, is here anything I can do right now?

A 55 on a 30 will be fine. I use a hob rated for 70-100 gal on my 20. Just set the flow so the fish are not being pushed around.

Ok. Wow now im relived. Thanks for replying. I went to test the pump one last time before I threw it out. It worked! I was so relived!!! I am still considering putting that other 55 filter on it though, does a whisper power 40 turn the water over enough in the 29 g?

I imagine being called a 40 it's made for 40gal? Or 40l? If its gal it will b fine if 40l it would do for a small while until you got something bigger.

Ok, it's a 40 gallon filter. Would I be able to put the 55 filter on? I don't like iffy filters.

Do you think the filter just overheated? I did clean it out and notice the seal was chipped.

Back
Top Bottom