Filter Floss and XP3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

audiophile42

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After my african cichlids had successfully destroyed my 2ND! AQ 70, I decided to replace it with a cannnister. I had two AQ 70s going on my 50gal, one of them is out of commission now, and the other one is still going. I just picked up an XP3, and some polyster fiberfil. I know you're not supposed to get hypoallergenic, the stuff I got says non-allergenic. I just want to make sure that this is safe to put in the filter.

p5040038.jpg

p5040041.jpg

Another question, should I keep the AQ 70 going along with the XP3? There's no such thing as too much filtration, I just didn't know if it would be worth it, as I'm already gonna be way overfiltering my tank.

EDIT: Also, is it ok for the spray bar to be placed where air bubbles are going to hit it? Since it's the output, I figure it would be, but I just want to make sure it won't affect the cannister at all. The intake will be placed away from that though, so that's not an issue.

I'm not sure about the fiberfil.

I would run the AQ with the XP3 for two weeks to seed the bacteria. Depending on the media in the AQ, you can put it directly into the XP3 and stop using the AQ.

is it ok for the spray bar to be placed where air bubbles are going to hit it?
Should be fine.

You also don't want to use floss that is flame retardent since it is treated with some chemicals

so what kind of floss should be used in an xp3 cuz i need some from mine and i thought i read that u could just use the polyester filler from walmart??

Back
Top Bottom