Filter not running right

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guessfordt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone I am new to this forum I have a aquatech 5-15 gal filter on my ten gallon for my my mud turtle and it's not running right I will include water level picture and a picture of what the filter is doing I have changed the filters and complete cleaned the filter can anyone help me plz it is greatly appreciated

Tyler

View attachment 272826View attachment 272827

first off a 5/15 filter isn't near big enough to keep a turtle tank clean , the filter cartrige will almost always be clogged as turtles are very dirty , causing your water level to overflow the filter, with as much as your going to have to change out filters I would suggest buying bulk filter media as it's alot cheaper than those cartridges the cost of a 3 pack of those filter cartridges would pay for a 5ftx12inch roll of filter media and you can make around 25 filters
Bulk Filter Media, Floss & Foam Aquarium Filter Media for Sale Online | PetSolutions

you will also need to clean the intake tube and propeller daily as the mud will clog and wear out the propeller fast
if your still having problems you can call united pet groups direct they have a very understanding and helpful customer service team 1 800 322 1266

I was able to fix it there was a hidden spot that I had missed cleaning it and 54seaweed it's not a large turtle he is actually a hatching but he is in a 10 gallon wat size filter would u recommend me to get thank u

Since it's a turtle i'd say a 20/40 it will help keep the tank cleaner, and I would still recommend you use the bulk filter media to save you lots of $$

I actually just went to my local pet/aquarium store and picked up a API nexx filter for 55gal because it was on sale and cheaper to get it over buying a 20/40

Back
Top Bottom