Filter queston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

niihauman420

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i got a 55 gal freshwater tank, with a aquatech 3060. wanted to upgrade in filtration to help, i got 8 fish and want to get more and more so the question is if it would be worth getting another aquatech 3060 being that none of the pet stores here carry any canister filters and they want too much for their hob type so wal mart is my only solution 40 dollar aquatech 3060?

I don't understand what you are asking. Try adding some punctuation.

Just replace the aquatech with an aquaclear 70 or 110, depending on how heavily the tank is/will be stocked. The 70 filters 300 gph, the 110 does 500 gph. I can't even find a flow rating for the aquatech 30-60, but it can't be good for a 55.

the flow rate on the aquatech is 330gph. thats the thing to get a filter shipped here is just as much as the filter

You can find a good deal on e-bay if you look around a bit. Aquaclears have a lifetime warranty, and unlike the aquatechs you can also get replacement parts (usually impellers or shafts after years of use) for them. If you want a cheaper hob I have a used Whisper 4 that needs cartridges but runs like new, $30 shipped. For that matter, if you don't want to use the whisper media I can send along a block of poret foam cut to fit the filter for another $5. Just rinse the foam out in tank water when you do partial changes, much better than replacing the cartridges and tossing out your main biofilter with the old one.

yea i always look on ebay. but we have to get a quote for shipping to hawaii and usually they arent free

Back
Top Bottom