Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquariumnoob

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 10 gal tank, 1 betta, 3 cories, 3 otos. My filter had flies in it, I did a 90% water change, changed the filter, cleaned the tubes, super vacuum. I plug it back in after filling it up with water, pour some into the filter. Plug it in, nothing. It was a $10 aqua-tech filter from walmart. I get what I deserve? Anyways, today I'll get a new one. What is everyone's favorite? I may want shrimp later on if they affects the choices. Please have quick responses. Thanks.

Aquaclear mini or the AC20 I have one on my ten gallon tank and it works wonderfully. I have had it for a little over a year.

Good luck

Sounds like you have a stuck impeller. I'm not familiar with the type but if you can find your way to the impeller housing (the AC's can be detached), you can probably get it running until you replace it.

BTW, moved thread to General Equipment forum.

thanks for the opinions, i went out and got the aquaclear mini/20. btw it was $20 in store, but because i printed out the online price from petsmart.com for 13.99 they matched it. : )

I had always thought that I had clear water. When I woke up this morning I was looking at my tank, and I was trying to decide what made it look so beautiful today....new plants? no. new lighting? no. decor? no. The only change was a little bamboo shrimp(who is awfully fun to watch) and the filter. The water is amazingly clear, great suggestion, Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom