Filters and canisters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harry mango

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, I wanted to know if there's any effects if I use a HOB filter and a canister filter at the same time.

Sent from my KFTT using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No ill effects. Most people will run a HOB in addition to a canister to help with filtration, especially mechanical.

I run both on my 75g. I added the HOB for some extra filtration to help my canister. Running both keeps my water crystal clear.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431101442.391341.jpg

Caleb

No ill effects. Most people will run a HOB in addition to a canister to help with filtration, especially mechanical.

I just saw a video on UV sterlizer. Are they any good?

Do you guys know a good brand?

Do you guys know a good brand?

UV Sterilizers are really not needed except in rare cases. I threw one on my tank to help with some algae problems but honestly it hasn't done much besides add some water flow to my tank. Basically UV sucks in water, blasts it with a UV light (killing anything in the water good or bad), then shoots if back out. They really are not a necessity.

As for filters, right now my hands down favorite HOB are the Fluval C4, and the Aquaclear series. Marineland just doesn't stand a chance against these filters. They are jam packed full of space you can customize and look pretty sleek as well. Not to mention the adjustable flow rate. Oh and these are also very quiet if you keep the water level up with top offs.

As for canisters, I like my Cascade 1000. It didn't break the bank and so far after 5 months I haven't had any problems out of it. Runs like a champ and is quiet as a mouse. People also like SunSun because it doesn't break the bank. A few on here really like the Fluval 405-406 etc if you can afford it.

Caleb

Is you're hob fluval slim?

I just looked it up, pretty fair price. Maybe in a few months I'll pick me up a fluval canisters.

Back
Top Bottom