Filters for 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

becz1234

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It turns out the tank i have is 10 gallons, not 20... But anyways I need to know if a power filter + 20lbs of live rock will be enough filtration for a 10 gallon tank. I'm only planning on keeping a firefish and maybe a goby or two plus blue legged hermit crabs. So is this enough filtration? This is my first tank so i dont want to make any big mistakes.

I think youd need a small powerhead too to make sure the water is circulating around your rock and over your sand good

Oh yes i would also have a powerhead. But is the power filter even necessary because i've read you dont even need one as long as you have lots of live rock but i just want to be sure.

I have no personal saltwater experience but would imagine the extra flow and mechanical filtration would be a plus

I think the reason you got so little responses is bc its in the hardware section. You could try posting in the saltwater-getting started section

Back
Top Bottom