filtration for 55g sand substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TidBitz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any good ideas without spending an arm and a leg please. I want to go ahead and begin a good filtration while setting up tank.

A couple of Aquaclear 70's would do a good job for you. They are on sale at several places right now for $44. Or for around $140 you can get a good canister filter with a 350 gph flowrate.

Thank you for you help I went with API nexxx132 GPH , due to double filtration and if I wanted to move up on aquariums all I have to do is connect another double filtration. It is fairly new but I have always had good luck with Api products. We will see.......

Thank you for you help I went with API nexxx132 GPH , due to double filtration and if I wanted to move up on aquariums all I have to do is connect another double filtration. It is fairly new but I have always had good luck with Api products. We will see.......
What canister are you using to drive the nex?

Sorry don't know all the terms, it is self priming,

The Nex filter is the add ons for the Rena XP filters correct? I was wondering what canister filter you were using to push water in to the Nex filter.

No it's an all in one double filtration system, pushed by gravity, that can be above or below the tank. Filter tube goes in the tank it's self from my understanding. The reason I liked it more than my other options 1. Was way on sale 2 you don't have to shut down filtration to clean/replace.

Wow was I off base.LOL I was thinking of something totally different.:oops: With very little effort I could get both feet in my mouth.:lol:

wow I have a 55g and wanted to try something different for filtration....hmmm I think I just might try this....I really like what I saw in the how to video.....I currently run 2 hob rated for 55g each...but they have been around for some years maybe 8-10

wow I have a 55g and wanted to try something different for filtration....hmmm I think I just might try this....I really like what I saw in the how to video.....I currently run 2 hob rated for 55g each...but they have been around for some years maybe 8-10

Not sure if you talking about the nexx but since you said video I'ma guess you are. I am loving the filtration and there are so many options for the filtration, set up was sooooooo easy and I added a pre filtration that fits right in side under the filters due to me running sand substrate. I am very happy with the results.

My brother picked up a fluval 305 for about $90 off amazon. I thought that was a pretty good deal

I saw that one but saved 40.00 with the one I got and you don't have to take tubes or anything off or turn off to clean filter you just twist handles pull out filter and clean or replace plus its a double. Just to many pluses on the nexx.

Back
Top Bottom