Filtration on 75 gallon; advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XP3 or AC 110?

• XP3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AC 110

• Other (please discuss)

• Total voters

plecoperson

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 55 community tank. I'll be getting a 75 gallon in a few days so the giant pleco has room to make a swimming turn. I have an XP3 and a Penguin 330 on the tank now. I hate the Penguin and want to replace it. I currently have floss/pads and bioballs in the Penguin, and ceramic tubes and lava as well as filtration pads in the XP3.

Should I get:

Another XP3

An AquaClear 110

Or something else?

I don't mind the cost, as the filters I'm imagining are all under $100. I am more concerned about whether there is an advantage to having a HOB and canister as opposed to two canister filters. Thanks!!

i voted for the xp3, but if you wanted to spend the money then my real suggestion would be an eheim...

I voted xp3 also, though I am running Fluvals at the moment, first ones I've tried. I used AC filters for a long time, but recently switched to cannisters. Learned about them on this forum! First on one tank, then on all my tanks. You can fit alot more filter media in a cannister, you can inject C02 directly through it, you can do that with an AC filter as well but it's way more effective through a cannister. Lastly, you can easily adjust the amount of surface aggitation you get by lowering or raising the filter output, plus you can direct the current easy by aiming the output wherever you want more flow in the tank. Love my cannisters, the water is crystal clear as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom