Finally got new SW mixing tank and supplies in.w/pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally got the new 300 gallon mixing tank and supplies in. It is currently filling with RO/DI water. This will make WC's a snap. :) I still have to clean the outside but the inside is nice and clean.

Attachments

• sw.jpg
    sw.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 303
Think you have enough salt :lol: Just how big is that thing? 100 gal? I hope you going to use a pump to transfer the water. Congrats, I can't imagine having to transfer 10 5 gal buckets of water every time I had to do a PWC. Getting to old to even move one very well.

Brenden said:
The tank is 300gal and yes I use a pump. I bought 72 buckets of salt.

Do you mix 300 gal at a time and just do weekly changes with part of it or just mix what you need?
How many gal do you change each time?
Your ro\di will be working overtime to fill that thing :D

Is your real name Tim Allen? I can just see it... you must have a pump powered by a 427 hemi. *tim allen grunts*

:eek2:

So I just did the math on that salt. Say a bucket is 33 bucks (cheapest I found on a quick froogle).

33x72= $2376

Yeah that is worth more than some peoples whole tanks lol (Im sure they gave you a deal since you bought 72 buckets lol).

BTW get some whole tank pics up of your big tank. That one you posted before is just a teaser. :p

I normally do 100-125 gallon water changes. I am going to keep the tank full and always mixing so if ineed to do a emergency WC it will not be a issue. I also have another tank that I just purchased that is not running so it will use up the water also.
civicman you are not far off on the price. MY LFS wanted $53 a bucket. So after finding a good purchase price and shipping it, I have about $29 a bucket in it.

Brenden,

Let me know if you are ever thinking about switching salt brands. I just bought IO stock. :wink:

I would take me about 5 months of pwc to equal what you do at one time. :roll:

Have fun,

I just hope you have FLOOD Insurance on that location. We'd have a saltwater frenzy in the storage spot if you got a flash flood or sprinklers went off or something. :D

I would not advise stacking your buckets that high. Eventually the ones on the bottom will start to cave in under the pressure. Three gallon buckets get stacked three high only as a general rule of warehousing.

can u take some pictures of your entire tank i would love to see what a 525 tank looks like thanks

Let's do the math, 1 bucket mixes 150g of water, 72 buckets make 10800 gal of SW. 300g to start, 10500g left for weekly water change. 10% water change per week, you have 350 weeks of supply. That is 6.7 years..... Holy........

OK, let's say $40/bucket, 72buckets is almost $3000..... Holy again....

If I do that, my wife will make me sleep in the garage until all salts are fininshed......

I go through about a bucket a week depending. so I have about 1.5 years supply. I also have a 180 gal tank I just bought so the salt will disappear pretty fast.

Back
Top Bottom