first salt water tank ever need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starting-out

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello im starting out and looking into buying a tank im finding on craiglist, 180 gallon tanks for 500 bucks with tank, stand,top's, lights, and pump and filter, i know thats a big tank but ive heard that smaller tanks are way harder to maintain, if anyone can help me and tell me whats best for a starter, also im planning to just have live rocks for like 6 months until i balance the water perfect so i can drop in clown fish

Welcome to AA!! :) :)

First thing. Go to our articles section and read up on cycling a SW tank. It's not just about waiting after you put rocks in. Got a link to that Craig's list add. The filter, pump, and lighting could be useless. We'd like to see it.

Heck, if you can afford the 180, go for it. Lets first see what's included for this $500 bucks.

Welcome to AA!! :) :)

First thing. Go to our articles section and read up on cycling a SW tank. It's not just about waiting after you put rocks in. Got a link to that Craig's list add. The filter, pump, and lighting could be useless. We'd like to see it.

Heck, if you can afford the 180, go for it. Lets first see what's included for this $500 bucks.

okay so i contacted the guy and the tank he had was only used for fresh water only but what im getting is top, tank, old rusty lights ( he said it was two lights that dont belong), fresh water filter, and wet and dry filter that was never used. also he stated that the tank was last used in 2008 so dont know

Back
Top Bottom