Fish Swimming From One Tank to Another

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terrance

Aquarium Advice Addict
How was that fish able to swim from one tank to another? How does that tube work?

You just need to suck the air out of the tube which will fill it with water. The two tanks need to be at the same water level to make it work.

Do a quick google search there's lots of info on it. Google aqua bridge or water bridge.

That is very cool! Wouldn't the water parameters be slightly different though? Or would they be the same because water is constantly moving between tanks?

Same principal as putting a cup under water, turning it upside down, then lifting it almost to the top of the water. There's no air in the cup, so the water stays in it. Not something I'd ever want to do with a tank... imagine how hard water changes would be.

Same principal as putting a cup under water, turning it upside down, then lifting it almost to the top of the water. There's no air in the cup, so the water stays in it. Not something I'd ever want to do with a tank... imagine how hard water changes would be.

oh ok I've never thought about that. Looks fun. I'd imagine this hobbyist just lifting up the tube and let all the water pour out before a water change.

Back
Top Bottom