Fish tank advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackandwhite

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all

I'm looking at a 58 gallon penn plax bow glass aquarium tank with stand priced at $680. Does anyone know this tank or the manufacturer? Is this a reasonably priced tank?

Seems very expensive for a 58g.. My 55 cost me 60$, granted it was used, but not old at all and came with over 500$ if equipment! I'd look around a bit more just to be sure that you really want that particular tank :)

Have you looked on Craigslist? If you're willing to go used you can do much, much better. To me that sounds extremely high, but then I don't know the quality of the stand. I would be expecting a quality real wood stand at that price and not a particle board one.

edit: I looked up that tank, is it the one with one door in the center and then open sections? Obviously this is 100% a matter of personal preference, but consider your storage needs. When I look at that stand, I see wasted space. You might be underestimating the amount of equipment and daily materials that you need to store and hide out of sight. Just be sure you're satisfied that its storage capabilities are up to your requirements.

Back
Top Bottom